The maximum score given for each of the 9 criteria judged for this competition are:
a) Level of difficulty 20pts
b) Color theory 10pts
c) Creativity 10 pts
d) Rhythm 10pts
e) Total impression 10pts
f) Graphic Quality 10pts
g) Balance 10pts
h) Workmanship 10pts
i) Variety 10pts
Level of Difficulty
• The complexity of the design is evaluated on it’s degree of expertise.
• Is the art executed without any elaboration (simple) or is there more difficulty and
expertise put into the making of the design.
Use of Color or chromatic analysis
• How the color theory has been applied.
• Emphasis helps to see the definition of artwork
• The hues of colors chosen should complement the design and flow throughout or
graduate through all nails/object.
• Value has been applied, use of dark and light.
• Creative use of art mediums.
• There should be a creative collaboration of art mediums that are used.
• It should be a creative interpretation of design
• The first impression of the artwork in its entirety
• The artwork should attract your vision, compelling you to give more attention to the
• The texture of the design is done perfectly to represent the style chosen.
• Use of art mediums must used to create emphasis and texture.
• If there is line or details in the artwork, the space and shape must be well defined
• The ability to represent all of the artistic elements properly, with a clean appearance.
• There should not be any visible imperfections in the construction of the artwork. For
example; there should not be any visible imperfections in the construction of the
artwork. For example; fingerprints into the paint, glue resin on embellishments.
Excessive amount of gel. Dust that was not properly removed are all considered
• The design should not be too busy or too sparse.
• The art should look evenly balanced on each nail and from nail to nail.
• There should not be large portions on the surface of the nail left without design.
• The combination of artistic elements add a feeling of equilibrium or stability to the
• A principle of design concerned with diversity or contrast.
• Variety is achieved by using different shapes, sizes, and or colors in a work of art.
• A principle of design indicates movement was created by the careful placement of
repeated elements in the work of art to cause a visual tempo or beat