“Salon Trend Soak Off Gel Manicure” Criteria
- The shape of the nails looks symmetrical. ? Point
- The top of the free edge must be filed smoothly. ? Point
- All free edge shapes are acceptable, but they must have symmetry.
- No cuts or irritation around the nail folds.
- All dead tissue is properly removed.
- The proximal nail fold is pushed back and appears properly maintained
- There is not excessive removal or cutting of the living tissue attached to the nail folds
- The nail grooves are not removed or damaged • 1 point per finger
- No visible dust or debris is allowed. ? Point
- No glue or excessive gel products of any kind. ? Point
- No file lines of demarcations should appear on the surface of the nail. ? Point
- It should feel smooth like glass with no bumps or pits on the surface. ? Point
- The top sealer must be shiny on the entire surface of the nail. ? point
- There should not be any dull spots on the surface and all gel residues must be well removed. The surface should not have any residual inhibition layer ? point
- The Application of the product should completely cover the surface of the entire nail.
- Product must be applied evenly with no streaks.
- The colors should look extremely solid with no transparencies
- The product should appear evenly spaced around the cuticle with no more than 1/2 mm between the skin and product.
- The tip of the free edge must be covered completely.
- No gel products of any kind should appear on the cuticles or surrounding skin
Level of Difficulty
- The complexity of the design is evaluated on its degree of expertise on each nail.
- The art should be executed in a manner that appears to be difficult on each nail.
- The score is based on the degree of expertise put into the making of the design on each nail.
Use of Color
- The colors chosen should complement the design.
- The colors should represent the design and theme appropriately
- The colors should flow throughout or graduate through all 10 nails.
- The colors should complement and contrast at the same time.
- The design should be something you have not seen before.
- If the design is something commonly seen, it should be done in a manner that is in a new creative and unusual use of art media.
- Creative use with products used
• There should be a creative collaboration of art and style that is brought together.
- If embellishments are used, there should be a creative manner in which they are used to create the design.